BPS - Bio Pharmaceutical Solutions

Employment Information For Overseas Candidates

Australian employers may sponsor and employ skilled workers who have recognised qualifications and skills/or experience in particular occupations required in Australia.
Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457)
Many Australian employers sponsor a skilled person under the Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457) visa scheme. This is a program for employers to sponsor approved skilled workers with a relevant degree and industry work experience to work in Australia on a temporary visa which allows the worker to remain here for between 3 months and 4 years depending on the needs of the sponsoring employer, for whom they must work full time.
Other visa classes which you may consider could be:
Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 121/856)
The Employer Nomination Scheme which allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.
This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in Australia. The employees can be either:
  • highly skilled workers from overseas
  • highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia.
Working Holiday visa (subclass 417/462)
The Working Holiday and Work and Holiday programs encourage cultural exchange and closer ties between arrangement countries by allowing young people to supplement the cost of their holiday through short-term employment.
This visa is for people aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in an extended holiday of up to 12 months in Australia, supplemented by short-term employment.
This visa enables you to:
  • Enter Australia and stay up to 12 months
  • Work in Australia for up to 6 months with each employer
  • Study for up to 4 months.
Candidates should not come to Australia on a general tourist visa to attend a job interview. This could lead to breech of visa conditions as they are not a genuine visitor, resulting in a three year-ban for temporary entry
Permanent Resident Visa
There are also a range of visa options under the General Skilled Migration program for skilled workers who want to live in Australia and who do not have an employer sponsoring them. These include options for skilled people applying as an independent migrant as well as those sponsored by a relative, or nominated by a State or Territory government.
Please refer to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website at http://www.immi.gov.au for specific details regarding visa applications to work and / or live in Australia.
For a more detailed, personal discussion around your options in regard to migrating to Australia, please contact our immigration specialist partner company, Absolute Immigration Pty Ltd who would be happy to take you through the process.
Useful websites:
Absolute Immigration Pty Ltd:
Absolute are our immigration specialist business partners who will offer you the best immigration strategy that will save you time and money, getting you or your staff to Australia with minimal disruption and maximum results.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship:
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade:
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade issues passports, both in Australia and overseas, to be used as evidence of identity and citizenship by Australians who are travelling internationally, in accordance with the provisions of the Australian Passports Act 2005 and other legislation.
Australian Customs Service:
Customs manages the security and integrity of Australia's borders.
Centrelink is an Australian Government Statutory Agency, assisting people to become self-sufficient and supporting those in need.
Australian Taxation Office:
The Australian Taxation Office aims to manage and shape the revenue systems that lead to social and economic policy, and to fund services for Australians.
Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR):
This section contains information for migrants about obtaining work in Australia, including trades recognition.
Housing & Accommodation:
Moving & Shipping: